The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Fanfiction?

Rhapsody

Rhapsody,

Fan fiction is perfectly fine to post, just as long as you remember to give the credit to the original work where it's due...

It's important to note, however, that completely original stories are probably more likely to get responses and feedback than fan fiction...

The best place to post them would be whichever forum fits the style of the piece. Thus if it's a story post it in the Assembly Room, if it's a poem post it in the Banquet Hall, etc.

Hope this helps. :)

On a personal note, I've been thinking about fanfiction a fair bit recently. Although it isn't necessarily the most creative form of writing, it *is* fun to do. Not to mention, I think it's good for those who want to improve their creative skills by working with a set of limitations. In other words, it's easy to write within someone else's boundaries or guidelines; the challenge lies in being creative about it.

There's so many interesting [story/writing] universes out there, and I think it'd be interesting to see a fan fiction or two floating around. Don't be surprised if you see one started by yours truly within the near future ;)

I used to write fanfiction when I was twelve. At the time, I didn't even know that it WAS fanfiction. I just knew that I didn't like the way that a story ended, so I would continue to use the characters and so forth. Know those notebooks that they use in elementary school? I've got tonnes of them filled with fanfics. Heh. It would be fun to post them on here, but the problem is, I don't remember who half of the original work was done by!! Heh. If I can find the authors, maybe I'll post some....