The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Hood-Lems

Snypiuer

Don't know the story, just the premise:

A colony of lemmings are growing up on the mean trails while living on the wrong side of the fence. There's an old . . . rabbit? . . . maybe a mole or gopher? . . . I don't know . . . whatever, it tells stories about the times before the fence. Not sure which side is actually the "wrong" side. Is the outside free while the inside is like a prison, where there is constant fear of homeowners and pets? Or is it the other way around? Living outside is constant fear of coyotes or traffic while inside there's a garden and plenty of water? Just don't make it an Outsiders or even a Blackboard Jungle knockoff. Also, there CAN NOT be ANY character that wears a leather jacket, has sleepy eyes and is prone to brooding and angstingly (d*mn skippy I made that word up!) shouting phrases like, "You're tearing me apart!"

NO REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE-ING!

A nod to The Lords of Flatbush or American Graffiti would be acceptable, but just a nod.

• 5 weeks later...

Hmmmm. Sounds remarkably like a more detailed take on the City mouse and the Country mouse story, each having their own set of dangers they're accustomed to, and which they feel 'aren't that bad'. Or maybe a cross between that story, Animal Farm, and a certain Dreamworks movie (Over the Hedge..)? 

Sounds like a fun premise, though. 

Also, black leather wearing critter MUST be a ferret. Aka Chaos noodle crack missile.