In between gusts,

A Breath

The wind inhales

Sucking me in.

I swirl out in patterns

Never seen

Raging free

And screaming at ears.

If i write too much, its lost. So say your worst if u like. I can take it, and if not, ill blow away....

First of all, welcome to the Pen ^_^

Feel free to ask questions if you have them, and I hope you find our community as welcoming as I have always found it to be.

I really liked this poem, to me it feels as a pause in between stressy things. Am curious what the subtitle means though.

Thank you for sharing this with us ^_^

I agree, welcome to the Pen. :)

As for the subtitle, I tracked the language down to Maori, but the dictionary does not provide the best translation. What I have is:

he pou kotahi, nga mihi atu ki a koutou. ahakoa he iti, toku whatumanawa konei

a column once, ??? acknowledge along dear you. Although a low, my heart here/this

For me, the poem evokes the thought of a bird of prey caught in a storm and breaking free, screaming in victory over the winds.

Thank you for the warm welcome. The subtitle is simply a formal greeting in Maori from Aotearoa (New Zealand). You have worked hard to translate, and done well. The language is not always literal and is filled with poetry and imagery. Words are not what they seem, and often change without changing. Its a stunning language filled with Mana (strength).

He pou kotahi, A first post (like a pillar of something bigger) nga mihi atu ki a koutou. Greetings to you all. ahakoa he iti, toku whatumanawa konei. Although small, here is the centre of my heart.

Hope that clears things up. I will try to include translations when i post with Te Reo Maori (Maori Language).

Thank you.

I agree, welcome to the Pen. :)

As for the subtitle, I tracked the language down to Maori, but the dictionary does not provide the best translation. What I have is:

he pou kotahi, nga mihi atu ki a koutou. ahakoa he iti, toku whatumanawa konei

a column once, ??? acknowledge along dear you. Although a low, my heart here/this

For me, the poem evokes the thought of a bird of prey caught in a storm and breaking free, screaming in victory over the winds.