The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Error with PMs...

Katzaniel

Is this where this goes? Please feel free to move it, if not.

I have five PM's that I can't read. And some of them look important. And I don't want to trust this to a PM, since I don't know what's wrong with it...

mySQL query error: SELECT m.id,m.name,m.members_disable_pm,m.mgroup,m.email,m.joined,m.posts, m.last_visit, m.last_activity,m.login_anonymous,m.title,m.hide_email, m.warn_level, m.warn_lastwarn,

g.g_id, g.g_title, g.g_icon, g.g_dohtml, m.members_display_name,

me.msnname,me.aim_name,me.icq_number,me.signature, me.website,me.yahoo,me.location, me.avatar_location, me.avatar_type, me.avatar_size,

mt.*, msg.*

FROM thepen_message_topics mt

LEFT JOIN thepen_message_text msg ON (mt.mt_msg_id=msg.msg_id)

LEFT JOIN thepen_members m ON (mt.mt_from_id=m.id)

LEFT JOIN thepen_groups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup)

LEFT JOIN thepen_member_extra me ON (me.id=m.id)

WHERE mt.mt_id=22126 AND mt.mt_owner_id=212

SQL error: Can't open file: 'thepen_message_text.MYI'. (errno: 145)

SQL error code:

Date: Wednesday 12th of April 2006 06:48:00 PM

PS. If you are Wyvern, Tanuchan, Alaeha, Mynx or Gyrfalcon, and you happen to have a copy of what you sent me, could you resend it to my email? parmeisan AT gmail DOT com. Thanks.

Re: Errors with PMs.

SQL error code:

has repeated itself in all of the PM error boxes. Wyvern is drafting an email both to Hostrocket (has their physical server become corrupt at the point where this file is stored?) and to Invision (has the board software been stealth-updated and bugged?), since we cannot find a reason in the Admin CP for this failure. Cross your fingers and wait a few days.

On personal opinion, I believe that the PM database itself isn't corrupt, just that we can't access the part of the board program which reads that database.

Edited by Quincunx

mm... well, as we're talking about PMs... since the board upgrade I've been unable to make the archive PM (as html file) function work. It sends something coded to my email so I can't read it at all.

If that could also be looked into when the current problem is solved... thank you...

Re: Errors with PMs.

SQL error code:

has repeated itself in all of the PM error boxes. Wyvern is drafting an email both to Hostrocket (has their physical server become corrupt at the point where this file is stored?) and to Invision (has the board software been stealth-updated and bugged?), since we cannot find a reason in the Admin CP for this failure. Cross your fingers and wait a few days.

On personal opinion, I believe that the PM database itself isn't corrupt, just that we can't access the part of the board program which reads that database.

Thanks to Wyvern and the customer support department of our host, the problem is now resolved. It looks as though there has been some data loss, however, so if you've sent a PM in the past 24-48 hours that hasn't received a response, you might want to consider resending it.

RE: Tanuchan's comment - I looked into the Archive function and tested my own PM archive to see if I could view the error you're talking about... but everything came through just fine. It's a HTML file with a CSS header, simple as that. Perhaps its your email client? The archive it produces is just an HTML file, not something coded for email, per se. It could be that your client isn't sure how to view it.

Try saving the HTML file to your computer and opening it with your normal browser. If it still comes up as gobbledy-gook, we'll have to talk about more specific issues.

Learning something new every day,

~Yui

Thank you, Yui.

About the archiving function, the problem is that I don't receive an attached file... it comes in-text, as if it were a common txt file. I'll do some more testing, and I'll PM you if I still have trouble.

And the function has always worked before the board upgrade, and I didn't change anything on my own side, so I think it might be some difference in the way the boards are handling that function. :)

Edit: I've sent you a PM with a copy of what I receive...

Edited by Tanuchan