The Pen is Mightier than the Sword

Back to the Drawing Board

Wyvern

Wyvern rushes into the Cabaret Room as fast as his scaly legs can carry him, panting and letting off a few smoke rings. The lizard screeches to a halt once he's made his way to the center of the room, then signals with one claw to two Elder Dwarves standing in the corner. Bravery and Sexy both hoist up a large banner covered with the remains of an Almost Dragonic Brand 100% Indestructable Blimp™ and carry it to the center of the chamber. Wyvern clears his throat of a few ashes, then exclaims:

"Almosssst overlooked, but not quite! There's a pennite whose birthday was yesterday, and who deserves a nice round of applause... Since I know he's fond of art, I tried my claws at a little portrait to commemorate him with."

Wyvern beams proudly, then signals to the Elder Dwarves. They uncover the banner, only to reveal a badly torn canvas with claw markings straying in every direction.

"Happy Birthday, Alzorath!"

Wyvern pauses, noticing the confused looks on the faces of pennite spectators.

"What, it's a finger painting... Yeesh, none of you have any appreciation for the 'abstract!'"

;-)

OOC: A belated Happy Birthday to Alzorath, who turned 22 yesterday (May 26th). (Note: was going to post the signatures that Gyrfalcon and Yui made for me based on Alzorath's Wyvern drawing, but tags weren't allowed.)

Happy Birthday for yesterday, Alzorath. :)

In the words of a famous artist (with regards to birthdays):

"................"

(I don't know any famous artists quotes about birthdays - not even from the dead ones - but the thought was there :P)

Happy birthday anyway. Hope it was a great one.

Wyv: I liked your painting, though it could have done with a bit less angst in the colour - the claw marks are sufficient angst, giving it a whole sort of urban-dislocation/mispent youth emotional landscape thing... IMHO ;)

Edited by Psimon